ABOUT UDGAM SCHOOL
Udgam School for Children is one of the oldest school and best schools in Ahmedabad. The school was founded in 1965 by Mrs. Sarojben Carvalho in a small building with a handful of students. As the number of students and classes increased the school shifted to a new premise. Even back then the school was synonymous with quality education.
In 1991 the Kantilal Jaikishandas Charitable Trust took over the school as the school’s size increased and it needed a larger space. Consequently the Thaltej School was constructed over a large area of land with spacious rooms.
Udgam School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the medium of instruction is English. It is recognised as one of the best CBSE schools in Ahmedabad. Academics is our main core and adequate weightage is given to co-curricular activities and sports. We have won laurels in all fields.
We have two Campuses – the Pre-primary campus at Jodhpur which has classes from Nursery to Higher Kindergarten and the main school at Thaltej which has classes from I to XII. Among the best preschools in Ahmedabad we have made a name too.
Tiny Tots of Pre primary require lot of love and care from the school as it is considered their second home, so in order to provide them a comfortable atmosphere for enjoyable learning the School started a new campus at Jodhpur. This campus is solely for the little ones and has been designed in a child friendly manner. Also with the bigger kids in another campus, the little ones tend to get less hurt while running or playing. We also have Play Group for the little ones before they begin Nursery. This helps in the smooth transition from Playgroup to Nursery and reduces adjustment problems. The Playgroup activities familiarise them with school environment besides helping to develop early social skills.
- Spacious 100% smart classrooms
- Lush green playgrounds
- Tennis court
- Skating rink
- State-of-art Computer Labs
- Well equipped laboratories
- Well stocked Library
- Pro-activity Club for After School Activities
- Crèche facility for staff
As a glocal institute, Udgam School is committed to provide a stable, caring and supportive family-like environment, where students can receive mature guidance through daily interaction with able faculty and become accountable, productive, and ethical citizens with the skills to think innovatively, reason critically, communicate effectively, and respect peoples of other cultures. Udgam School is also eyeing upon providing such a resourceful learning environment where students can develop into "Citizens of the World”.
- Academic Challenge Udgam School provides an academic challenge based education on realistic goals in preparation for university study.
- Community Harmony Udgam School provides a stable, caring and supportive family-like environment, where students receive mature guidance through daily interaction with able faculty. The faculty is committed to providing quality education to students.
- Balanced Program Udgam School offers a balanced program of study and sports, recreation, and cultural travel.
- International Understanding Udgam School provides a resourceful learning environment where students can develop into "Citizens of the World."
- Partnership with Parents Udgam School believes that parental support is integral to the success of each of our students. Their participation in their student's education process is always encouraged.
Our Core Values
- Students First Organization, programs, and policies are based on student needs. Our responsibility is to prepare students for Life, University and Career.
- Teachers are the Key Our faculty provides "total education" to our students, which extends beyond the Udgam room to include social, moral, and emotional growth.
- Leadership with Inspiration Inspiration is the best motivator to educate our teenagers. Faculty and administrators are energetic, outgoing, and caring individuals who know how to lead young people.
- Management with Purpose The management of the school is caring and efficient. It sets higher goals for itself and earnestly endeavours to achieve them.
- IT Systems for Support Latest computer systems and programs, support the basic efforts of the school in providing infrastructure for excellence in educational and other knowledge spreading activities.
- Continuous Improvement As the world changes, so must Udgam School. The Management of the School is dedicated towards ensuring that the curriculum, teaching methods and the infrastructure are upgraded and are kept up-to-date, to keep pace with the rapid changes taking place in the education field.