Std. IX had ‘Group Discussion’ on the theme of ‘Childhood’ as an FA activity and also as a part of English speaking skill. The class was divided into 5 groups with 8 members in a group. A moderator for each group was selected by the members themselves. In the process of preparing and practicing for the GD, students learnt a lot – they learnt to work in a group, get along with other, to give every member a chance to speak and so on. The topics of the groups were:
1) Children do not have any Responsibility or Burden
2) Childhood is a Time of Joy and Pleasure
3) Most Parents have a Prejudice again the Girl Child
4) Nobody understand the Problems of Children
5) Children do not have any Independence
All the students spoke well and also appreciated their classmates.